Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Iced Coffee

With two busy little boys and early mornings, I absolutely can't survive without my coffee. I have become horribly addicted to Mocha and Caramel Frappes. The problem is that they are quite expensive to buy, so I came up with a solution. I made my very own iced coffee. The recipe comes straight from The Pioneer Woman's website(Love her recipes!!). She mentions she adds half and half to hers. I add whatever fabulous coffee creamer I happen to be trying that week.(Really there are so many flavors, you have to try them all.)This week the featured creamer is one of my favorites:Skinny Caramel Macchiatto

Here is the link to her blog and below are the pictures of my own iced coffee.
The Pioneer Woman

One pound of dark coffee with 8 gallons of water steeping for eight hours. Wow! That is a lot of coffee.

Now to get the grounds separated from the delicious liquid. I was able to fill up 3 1/2 pitchers this size with the coffee liquid!

The leftover grounds. I recommend you use a container to steep in that can be thrown afterwards or cleaned easily. It is quite messy.
I forgot to take a picture of the finished product in a glass. Will do and post that soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment