Anyone who knows me well, knows I LOVE to throw parties. Well April came along and I somehow talked myself into hosting three, yes three, parties!
The first was our family Easter gathering. I made chicken salad sandwiches, marbled deviled eggs, and cupcakes.Everyone else chipped in and brought something as well. The chicken salad recipe is a long-time favorite. See the recipe below.
Easy Chicken Salad
Makes about 6 (1/2 cup)servings.
Ingredients:
1lb Cooked Shredded Chicken Breasts (About 4 chicken breasts)
1/2 Cup Craisins
1 Small Package Slivered Almonds
1 Cup Mayo
2 Celery Stalks Sliced
1 tsp Lemon Juice
1/2 Cup Chopped Onions
6 Croissants or Buns of your choice
Directions:
1. Cook the chicken and shred. (I like to boil it in a large pan for 20 minutes with a little bit of Lemon Pepper and the leaves from the celery)
2. Combine all ingredients with the chicken in a large bowl and spread onto bread. Enjoy.
Here are some pictures from our Easter Celebration.
The yummy spread. Brooklynn is ready to eat!
Close-up of the Cupcakes. They were topped with bunny marshmallows and sprinkles.
My Pinterest inspired Centerpiece.
Evan and Noa are on the hunt for eggs.
Oliver found one!
Cousins! (Brooklynn and Evan)
The next party I hosted came about from an invitation from Silk Milk Company. Evan has a slight intolerance to dairy, so he started drinking Silk Soymilk when he was old enough to move on from formula. Anyways, we had signed up months ago on their website to get coupons and such and then this invitation came to host a Silk Party. I signed up, was chosen to host, and a few weeks later my party package arrived. There were tons of coupons to pass out, magnets, curly straws, cups, napkins, plates, a carafe, and an awesome insulated cup with lid and straw which I gave away as a prize! I made lots of yummy brunch food- everything that needed milk I substituted with Silk Milk. We also had a tasting party with Silk Milk and their new Silk Fruit and Protein Drinks. Here are a few pictures from the party. You can find tons of recipes using Silk Milk on their website: SilkSoyMilk.com
Yummy brunch food and Silk.
Quiz Time
Anna enjoying the fruit pizza.
Evan getting a pre-birthday song and cupcake.
The last party of the month was Evan's 3rd Birthday Party. The theme this year was Mickey mouse! I was inspired by many ideas on Pinterest and many things I made came from there. Fun was had by all, and Evan got lots of wonderful presents! Here are some pics of the event and creations I made.
The fireplace display. Banner says, "Happy Birthday Evan!" The buckets on the mantle have pinwheels in blue, red, and yellow, along with tissue paper in the same colors. I wrapped tissue paper around the cans and used a red ribbon with yellow and blue polka dots and Mickey Mouse stickers. Two of the buckets have mickey mouse styrofoam heads I spraypainted black and assembled with toothpicks and a wooden rod.
Door Wreath to welcome everyone inside.
Dessert and Cake Table set up for kids.
Close-up of the Cake I made. Not very fancy, but it worked.
First activity:We went outside to hunt for Mickey Mouse heads with candy taped to them.
The food- all Mickey Mouse Themed: Mickey Mouse Club House Sandwiches, Pluto's Hot Diggety Dogs, Minnie Mouse's Bowtique Pasta Salad, Goofy's Mixed up Fruit, and Donald and Daisy's Delectable Dipped Desserts(on the dessert table)
Relaxing on the deck.
The second activity:Digging for Pluto's Bones(Dog bones buried in Evan's new sandbox).
Noa got a lot.
So did Evan!
But Dalton found the most!
Third Activity: Pin the bow on Minnie Mouse
Then Evan opened his presents. He got an awesome ride on Bulldozer!
But his favorite present was his Thomas the Train Ride on Toy!
We had cake afterwards!(A video was taken)Overall it was a wonderful party and the kids had a lot of fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment