Monday, February 18, 2013

So here I am again not sticking with my blog. Life is so busy, what can I say? I am taking 9 hours this semester including my library media practicum, working at least 3 days a week, and trying to keep up with two little boys. Those things by themselves is enough, but of course I had to go and add more to the mix. ;)

Darren and I are pursuing adopting a girl from foster care. We have completed our 10 week PS-MAPP courses, filled out 3 rounds of paperwork, passed all our background checks, and are now ready to get the home study completed so we can finally pursue the little girl we want to adopt. We found her on the adoptkskids.org website. Even though we have never met her, and don't know more than what her profile says, we know she is meant to be part of our family. We were told from the beginning of the process not to focus on her, as she may not be available still at the point we are approved. However, here we are 7 months later and she is STILL available. Of course it would have been wonderful for her to have found a loving family already, however for some reason she hasn't. I take it as a sign that she was meant for us. :)Of course, we still have at least a month or two before we can officially inquire about her, so we have to sit and wait some more. I hate all this waiting. I hope in a few months I can look back and say, "I can't believe we were talking about how much we wanted you a few months ago, and here you are." Wouldn't that be pretty amazing? I hope it all works out. In the meantime I will cross my fingers, and wait(impatiently) some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment